We at ALFA CERT S.A. have developed a certification system to improve the image of Greek Tourism.
We decided to give it the name … αlfα-cert !
The αlfα-cert certification applies to all tourism-related enterprises
and tries to answer all the key questions a tourist could ask.
Questions not answered by a “standard” certification:
- How can a restaurant have both ISO and HACCP certificates for ‘organic’ or ‘Greek’ cuisine, and still has tasteless food?
Questions that are not commonly answered in an ad:
- “Are pets allowed?”
- “Is there a playground?”
Questions which arise from the usage of “generic terms”:
- What does “close to the sea” means? Is it actually close or do I need to walk around hundreds of meters because the soil is rocky? The sea is suitable for swimming? Is there a sea view? And what is the difference between “near the sea”, the “opposite the beach” and “on the beach”?
ALFA CERT S.A. certifies the services offered by a tourism-related enterprise, with specifications that are detailed, clear and transparent. An annual recertification and continuous random checks of the “Certified Service Provider” (CSP) ensure continued compliance with those specifications.
Each αlfα-cert certification consists of 3 parts
- “General Requirements”, i.e. the requirements of the Greek and European Legislation for the specific enterprise, which should ALL be fully complied with.
- “Special Requirements”, an ALFA CERT S.A. global innovation, i.e. everything the term “tavern on the beach” means, without misunderstandings. Is there a road between the tavern and the sea? Is the sea clean and suitable for swimming? Is the beach rocky or sandy?
- “Other Information”, specific to each company, which will complete the information about this enterprise, with clear answers: YES, NO, 20 (eg room surface in m², or driving time in minutes).
You can see an example of an αlfα-cert certificate of a client here.
… We thought that if we want tourists to come back to our country or to speak nicely to their friends about it, they have to “find what they expected” and not to be disappointed with unpleasant surprises. And of course, the same applies equally to the Greek traveler, who goes on holiday or just goes out for food or to get a drink, in a place that he hasn’t gone before.
So we created Certs-it.com !!!
In Certs-it.com you will only find αlfα-certified businesses. Each has a full profile maintained by us which includes both the αlfα-cert certificate(s) we issued to this company and all other information we believe a tourist would like to know (see an example of such a profile here). In this way, a Certs-it.com user can locate what he wants from thousands of certified businesses and be confident that wherever he goes, he will find what he expects.
As we say in Greece: Don’t search it. Certs-it!